Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] What is the purpose of merge vote threads?

Re: [DISCUSS] What is the purpose of merge vote threads?

It seems that overall the branch-merge voting threads are overloaded with multiple goals.

Like other things that we vote on, a DISCUSS/PROPOSAL thread upfront for the branch-merge should alleviate any concerns that any committer might have. Once that is done, [VOTE] thread can simply be a formality of running tests, commiter +1s etc.

Discussing on a voting thread is not productive.

Thanks,
+Vinod

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE