Hadoop >> mail # user >> is hadoop suitable for us?

+
Pierre Antoine Du Bois De... 2012-05-17, 20:38
+
Mathias Herberts 2012-05-17, 20:41
+
Pierre Antoine Du Bois De... 2012-05-17, 20:46
+
Abhishek Pratap Singh 2012-05-17, 21:36
+
Pierre Antoine Du Bois De... 2012-05-17, 22:32
+
Michael Segel 2012-05-17, 23:17
+
Pierre Antoine Du Bois De... 2012-05-18, 00:28
+
Sagar Shukla 2012-05-18, 00:44
+
Pierre Antoine DuBoDeNa 2012-05-18, 04:10
Re: is hadoop suitable for us?
We're using a multi-user Hadoop MapReduce installation with up to 100
computing nodes, without HDFS.  Since we have a shared cluster and not
all apps use Hadoop, we grow/shrink the Hadoop cluster as the load
changes.  It's working, and because of our hardware setup performance is
quite close to what we had with HDFS.  We're storing everything directly
on the SAN.

The only problem so far has been trying to get the system to work
without running the JT as root (I posted yesterday about that problem).
Luca

Luca Pireddu
CRS4 - Distributed Computing Group
Loc. Pixina Manna Edificio 1