HDFS >> mail # user >> Question about Balancer

Question about Balancer
I currently have an HDFS cluster. On another separate machine (not part of the HDFS cluster but has the hdfs binaries), I want to run balancer.
The JavaDoc mentions about  dfs.balance.bandwidthPerSec parameter.
Where do I set this? Do I add this into my hdfs-site.xml? Do I have to also add this parameter in all datanode/namenode? Or do I simply add that on the machine that is going to run the balancer?

Suppose, I want a different bandwidthPerSec. Do I have to simply modify the hdfs-site.xml before running the balancer script?

Thanks,
Harold
+
Dhruba Borthakur 2009-09-10, 21:55