HBase >> mail # user >> Behavior of Filter.transform() in FilterList?

+
Christophe Taton 2013-07-01, 05:10
Re: Behavior of Filter.transform() in FilterList?
The clause 'family=X and column=Y and KeyOnlyFilter' would be represented
by a FilterList, right ?
(family=A and colymn=B) would be represented by another FilterList.

So the behavior is expected.

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Christophe Taton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> From
>
> https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/0.95/hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/FilterList.java#L183
> ,
> it appears that Filter.transform() is invoked unconditionally on all
> filters in a FilterList hierarchy.
>
> This is quite confusing, especially since I may construct a filter like:
>     (family=X and column=Y and KeyOnlyFilter) or (family=A and colymn=B)
> The KeyOnlyFilter will remove all values from the KeyValues in A:B as well.
>
> Is my understanding correct? Is this an expected/intended behavior?
>
> Thanks,
> C.

+
Christophe Taton 2013-07-01, 05:26