Sqoop >> mail # dev >> When use import tool to connect a database, is it possible to store the username and password in a separate properties file for security?

+
sam liu 2013-02-18, 02:43
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-18, 02:53
+
sam liu 2013-02-18, 03:03
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-18, 03:09
Re: When use import tool to connect a database, is it possible to store the username and password in a separate properties file for security?
Got it. And is there any plan to support Netezza?

2013/2/18 Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Yes indeed it is - SQOOP-895 [1].
>
> Jarcec
>
> Links:
> 1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-895
>
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:03:28AM +0800, sam liu wrote:
> > Thanks, Jarek!
> >
> > And, is there any JIRA for tracking this?
> >
> > Sam Liu
> >
> > 2013/2/18 Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > > Hi Sam,
> > > unfortunately this is not possible with Sqoop 1. However we've
> redesigned
> > > the architecture in Sqoop 2 to allow this. It's yet there, but it will
> be
> > > quite soon.
> > >
> > > Jarcec

> want