HBase >> mail # user >> New HBase YCSB changes - improves speed drastically

New HBase YCSB changes - improves speed drastically
Hi,

There is a new commit to YCSB:

http://github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB

http://github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB/commit/6676f080d4c624eeb0ae56b548c8786742be3be3

This fixes performance problems in the HBase DB adapter.  In my own
tests I found that my short scans, which were configured to read
100-column rows, 1-300 in zipfian, went from 60ms to 35ms.

Also there is column selection pushdown enabled, which will improve
the speed of any tests that are doing single column gets on a wide row
(eg: readallfields=false, fieldcount=X).
This is all due to changing how YCSB uses the Result object.  Check
out the commit for some hints.  I have a longer email and patch about
this stuff coming really soon.

-ryan