Zookeeper, mail # user - Standalone session expiration

Standalone session expiration
Jared Cantwell 2011-06-30, 15:15
Hello again,

I am seeing a strange issue that I'm hoping someone can give me insight
into.  For simple testing, I have a standalone server setup.  I connected to
this server from 2 nodes, one of which is the node hosting the standalone
server.  After opening a small number of connections from each node (3 or 4
clients/node), I powered off the node not hosting the standalone server.  As
expected, the logs show the server expiring all sessions for connections to
that node.  The problem comes 10 seconds later when the server decides to
also expire all local connections too.  As a result, the clients on the node
that is still alive (and hosting the standalone server) all try
reconnecting, but their connections are denied for having expired-- over and
over again.

I am working on getting some consolidated logs, so I'll reply to this when I
have them.  I was wondering if anyone knows of an issue or has any initial
thoughts?

Some things I am going to try:
1. Start a 3 node quorum and connect clients from a 4th node.  Then kill the
4th node and see if other connections are killed too.  If this works OK then
it would point to an issue with the standalone server mode.
2. Connect 3 nodes to my standalone server.  Power off one node and see if
connections to the other node is killed.  This will determine if its killing
all other connections, or just local connections for some strange reasons.

~Jared
+
Ted Dunning 2011-07-02, 16:55
+