HBase, mail # user - Region is not online: -ROOT-,,0

Re: Region is not online: -ROOT-,,0
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-10-09, 16:30
Hi Kamesh
The problem cannot be specifically isolated.  But i suggest you can try
restarting your master.

But the exception says this
In HBase there are catalog tables called ROOT and META(in 0.94.x) and only
META in 0.96+.  Basically META has information on all user regions and ROOT
is a table that stores information on where the META table is. For the
cluster to function these two tables should be online.  If not the cluster
would be unusable.

Regards
Ram