Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [ANNOUNCE] Intend to build a 0.20.205.1 candidate next Friday 11 Nov.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Intend to build a 0.20.205.1 candidate next Friday 11 Nov.
> From: Todd Lipcon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Calling this a "critical fix" for HBase is a bit strange as 99.9% of
> the HBase installs out there do not use it. Trend Micro and Facebook
> are the only ones I'm aware of that do.

It would be more accurate to say we are running it in one production installation, but

  - have questions as to the performance benefits we will actually see

  - won't be able to use it in a deployment that requires stronger assurance

> And the patch as it stands today has a very suspect security model...
Agreed.

In my opinion, this is a useful option to provide, but off by default, and isn't a critical fix. Nothing is broken. Call it "a performance optimization option".

Best regards,
   - Andy