Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Deployment planning question

+
Jason Harmon 2012-02-03, 21:01
+
Benjamin Reed 2012-02-03, 22:05
+
Ted Dunning 2012-02-03, 23:52
+
Benjamin Reed 2012-02-04, 00:19
+
Jason Harmon 2012-02-04, 20:44
+
Jason Harmon 2012-02-04, 00:01
+
Benjamin Reed 2012-02-04, 00:16
Re: Deployment planning question
On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Jason Harmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My preference, of course, would be to have three datacenters...if one is
> partitioned off, zookeeper would not respond, which would be perfect. In
> that scenario, our other two would still be up and running in the other two
> datacenters.

Sure.  But there is likely to be some residue of clients who are
partitioned off with the minority side of the fence.  Depending on your
application, this can often be made to work well.

Of course I only have two, and I can't host anything externally due to
> corporate security restrictions. It sure would be nice for a smaller-scale
> deployment to just have a simple mirrored option, as opposed to the
> mandatory 3 server/quorum requirement.

You can do that.  Just define the mirror as an observer.
+
Jason Harmon 2012-02-06, 13:22