Hadoop >> mail # general >> 回覆: Spinning out Hadoop Eclipse Tools

+
j.c.lin_922@...) 2012-09-18, 02:32
+
Adam Berry 2012-09-17, 19:34
+
Harsh J 2012-09-18, 02:35
+
Eli Collins 2012-09-17, 19:42
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-09-18, 01:47
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-09-18, 01:46
+
Robert Evans 2012-09-17, 20:01
+
Mahadev Konar 2012-09-17, 20:08
+
Marcos Ortiz 2012-09-17, 20:35
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-09-17, 19:36
Re: Spinning out Hadoop Eclipse Tools
+1 Good idea!

I'm interested in helping to commit more to the project.

Jeff
On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Adam Berry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The positive feedback is really encouraging, so thanks everyone!
>
> @Chris, thanks for the links, I will make a start on going through that
> material and preparing the proposal. Thank you for the offer of help, I'll
> be taking you up on that.
>
> Is there anyone else who is also interested in committing to this?
>
> Cheers,
> Adam
>
> On Sep 18, 2012, at 1:03 AM, Eric Baldeschwieler wrote:
>
> > +1 to spinning it out and +1 for just starting to work with incubator as
> chris outlines.
> >
> > Once that is up and the code here can be removed as redundant. Folks
> might object to that, but I highly doubt it given this thread.
> >

> > On Sep 17, 2012, at 6:46 PM, "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Adam,
> >>
> >> +1 this seems like a great idea!
> >>
> >> Here's a guide to creating an Apache Incubator proposal:
> >>
> >> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html
> >>
> >> You'll need 3 ASF members to be your mentors, 1 of which whom
> >> is willing to be your Champion (the person that takes leadership
> >> of shepherding you guys through the Incubator).
> >>
> >> I'm happy to help out in this effort however I can. I had a great
> experience
> >> mentoring the MRUnit folks and they have done a great job!
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Chris

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-general/201102.mbox/%[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E

> source into a separate incubating project. I'm willing to commit to this
> effort.

> source we could make dev tools that could support multiple versions of
> Hadoop from within a single IDE, which would be very helpful when migrating
> jobs or dealing with clusters running different versions.

> developing MR jobs, and also have some HDFS tools included. So the early
> work would be to ensure that these features were supported across the
> version space of Hadoop.

> MRUnit and other products in the Hadoop ecosystem, to eventually yield a
> one stop project for all dev tools around this space.

> >> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >> Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
> >> Senior Computer Scientist
> >> NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Pasadena, CA 91109 USA
> >> Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
> >> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >> WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
> >> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >> Adjunct Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department
> >> University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 USA
> >> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+
Adam Berry 2012-09-28, 22:09
+
Eli Collins 2012-09-28, 22:16