Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc0

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc0
Doug Cutting 2011-11-01, 22:48
-1 This is not a release tarball that folks can vote on, since it
contains no source code.  Please cancel this vote and start a new vote
on an actual source code tarball.

As for the name, if we know for certain that it's alpha quality then
we'd probably be doing users a favor to name it that way.  As the
release stabilizes then we should remove such qualifiers, probably
erring on the side of removing them sooner rather than later, so that we
don't end up with a stable release that still has a qualifier.  But it's
your choice what to call it: if enough folks vote +1 then that's the name.

Doug