HBase, mail # dev - Performance Testing

Re: Performance Testing
Matt Corgan 2012-06-21, 19:36
These are geared more towards development than regression testing, but here
are a few ideas that I would find useful:

* Ability to run the performance tests (or at least a subset of them) on a
development machine would help people avoid committing regressions and
would speed development in general
* Ability to test a single region without heavier weight servers and
clusters
* Letting the test run with multiple combinations of input parameters
(block size, compression, blooms, encoding, flush size, etc, etc).
 Possibly many combinations that could take a while to run
* Output results to a CSV file that's importable to a spreadsheet for
sorting/filtering/charting.
* Email the CSV file to the user notifying them the tests have finished.
* Getting fancier: ability to specify a list of branches or tags from git
or subversion as inputs, which would allow the developer to tag many
different performance changes and later figure out which combination is the
best (all before submitting a patch)