Hive, mail # user - Using HiveJDBC interface

Using HiveJDBC interface
Aditya Rao 2013-02-18, 14:15
Hi,

I've just recently started using Hive and I'm particularly interested about
the capabilities of the HiveJDBC interface. I'm writing an simple
application that aims to use the Hive JDBC driver to submit hive queries.
My end goal is to be able to create multiple connections using the
Hive JDBCdriver and submit queries concurrently.

I came across a few issues in the mailing list and in JIRA related to
issuing concurrent requests to the hive server (explained here https://cwiki
.apache.org/Hive/hiveserver2-thrift-api.html) . I would like to know if
anyone has suggestions/guidelines regarding best practices to work around
this problem? Apart from restricting to a single query at a time, are there
any other known pitfalls that one should keep an eye out when using the
HiveJDBC interface.

Thanks,

Aditya
+