Flume, mail # user - YAMLException in the elasticsearch sink

YAMLException in the elasticsearch sink
Allan Feid 2013-06-10, 13:59
I think this might have to deal specifically with the LogStash serializer,
but I am unsure. After a period of time, it seems some of my events cause
an exception and eventually fill up my memory channel. Below is the
stacktrace, any help would be greatly appreciated. I can file a bug report
but would like to know what kind of information to provide.

10 Jun 2013 09:52:34,360 ERROR
[SinkRunner-PollingRunner-DefaultSinkProcessor]
(org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run:160)  - Unable to deliver
event. Exception follows.
org.elasticsearch.common.jackson.dataformat.yaml.snakeyaml.error.YAMLException:
java.io.CharConversionException: Invalid UTF-8 start byte 0xfc (at char
#81, byte #-1)
at
org.elasticsearch.common.jackson.dataformat.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.update(StreamReader.java:198)
at
org.elasticsearch.common.jackson.dataformat.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.<init>(StreamReader.java:62)
at
org.elasticsearch.common.jackson.dataformat.yaml.YAMLParser.<init>(YAMLParser.java:147)
at
org.elasticsearch.common.jackson.dataformat.yaml.YAMLFactory._createParser(YAMLFactory.java:530)
at
org.elasticsearch.common.jackson.dataformat.yaml.YAMLFactory.createJsonParser(YAMLFactory.java:420)
at
org.elasticsearch.common.xcontent.yaml.YamlXContent.createParser(YamlXContent.java:83)
at
org.apache.flume.sink.elasticsearch.ContentBuilderUtil.addComplexField(ContentBuilderUtil.java:61)
at
org.apache.flume.sink.elasticsearch.ContentBuilderUtil.appendField(ContentBuilderUtil.java:47)
at
org.apache.flume.sink.elasticsearch.ElasticSearchLogStashEventSerializer.appendBody(ElasticSearchLogStashEventSerializer.java:87)
at
org.apache.flume.sink.elasticsearch.ElasticSearchLogStashEventSerializer.getContentBuilder(ElasticSearchLogStashEventSerializer.java:79)
at
org.apache.flume.sink.elasticsearch.ElasticSearchSink.process(ElasticSearchSink.java:178)
at
org.apache.flume.sink.DefaultSinkProcessor.process(DefaultSinkProcessor.java:68)
at org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run(SinkRunner.java:147)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.io.CharConversionException: Invalid UTF-8 start byte 0xfc
(at char #81, byte #-1)
at
org.elasticsearch.common.jackson.dataformat.yaml.UTF8Reader.reportInvalidInitial(UTF8Reader.java:395)
at
org.elasticsearch.common.jackson.dataformat.yaml.UTF8Reader.read(UTF8Reader.java:247)
at
org.elasticsearch.common.jackson.dataformat.yaml.UTF8Reader.read(UTF8Reader.java:157)
at
org.elasticsearch.common.jackson.dataformat.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.update(StreamReader.java:182)
... 13 more