Kafka, mail # dev - RC3 status

+
Joe Stein 2012-06-25, 03:19
+
Jun Rao 2012-06-25, 03:56
+
Neha Narkhede 2012-06-25, 04:07
+
Joe Stein 2012-06-25, 14:36
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2012-06-25, 14:51
Re: RC3 status
Joe Stein 2012-06-25, 15:11
Alan, that makes sense.

Let me suggest we do a 0.7.2 release later in July.  I will volunteer to
manage that release also.

I would suggest having https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-134 in
the release ( a lot of people , including myself, would like to see the
latest SBT and a clean 2.9.1 build ) at a minimum along with anything else
that we put into trunk by the time we cut 0.7.2 along with making sure we
have a binary release along with the source release.  We will have to (I
will open a JIRA for this too) make sure we document the dependencies that
are transitive that are going to show up in that binary distribution (which
will be like 50MB) .  I would be happy to take that on also but will have
some questions will move that convo to the ticket once created.

--

/*
Joe Stein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc