HDFS >> mail # user >> Using S3 native filesystem? (s3n://)

+
Denis Haskin 2010-06-10, 18:15
+
Denis Haskin 2010-06-11, 10:30
+
Denis Haskin 2010-06-15, 15:51
Re: Using S3 native filesystem? (s3n://)
On Jun 15, 2010, at 8:51 AM, Denis Haskin wrote:

> Actually, it still seems that "hadoop fs" is incorrectly using
> core-site.xml instead of hdfs-site.xml.  If I put my fs.default.name &
> etc only in hdfs-site.xml, "hadoop fs" doesn't find it.  But does if
> it's in core-site.xml.
>
> I assume this is a bug?

Actually, no. The default file system (fs.default.name) can be any
filesystem, including s3n. Therefore the configuration for it is in
common, rather than hdfs.

-- Owen
+
Denis Haskin 2010-06-15, 18:05