Hadoop >> mail # user >> good way to debug map reduce code

good way to debug map reduce code
Hi,
  I have been using python hadoop streaming framework to write the code and
now I am slowly moving towards the core java api's.
And I am getting comfortable with it but what is the quickest way to debug
the map reduce native code..
like in hadoop streaming this worked great.
% cat input.txt | python mapper.py | sort | python reducer.py

If there use to be any coding error.. it use to just throw them off and it
was very fast to debug as you code.
Is there any similar way .. where i dont have to run hadoop jobs to debg
and wait and go thru hadoop logs to see that maybe i miss a semi-colon..
Thanks
Jamal