HBase, mail # user - max regionserver handler count

Re: max regionserver handler count
Viral Bajaria 2013-04-29, 01:39
This is an experimental system right now and I will bump up the # of
servers in production. But here are the specs:

6 regionservers (64GB RAM, 48GB allocated to HBase heap, some more
allocated to Datanode and other processes)
50-55 regions per server
workload: 25K gets / second, 25K puts / second (puts is not consistently
that high but I am quoting the highest number)
handler count: 2.5K per regionserver

The data size is pretty compact (think TSDB style) and it should fit in
memory (in test environment). Yet I see long pauses when doing GETs. I feel
those pauses happen when all the regionserver handles are servicing RPC
requests and it makes sense.

I can experiment scaling out the cluster, but before doing that I want to
bump the region handler count and see how far I can stretch it. But it
seems I can't go beyond 5K right now.

Thanks,
Viral