Hadoop >> mail # user >> Avro vs Json

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-08-12, 17:11
Re: Avro vs Json
Moving this to the user@avro lists. Please use the right lists for the
best answers and the right people.

I'd pick Avro out of the two - it is very well designed for typed data
and has a very good implementation of the serializer/deserializer,
aside of the schema advantages. FWIW, Avro has a tojson CLI tool to
dump Avro binary format out as JSON structures, which would be of help
if you seek readability and/or integration with apps/systems that
already depend on JSON.

--
Harsh J