Hadoop >> mail # general >> Hadoop Java Versions

+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-15, 00:16
+
Scott Carey 2011-06-22, 20:27
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-22, 20:49
+
Scott Carey 2011-06-23, 02:42
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-23, 12:49
+
Scott Carey 2011-06-26, 19:23
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-27, 11:38
+
Ryan Rawson 2011-06-28, 00:10
+
Ted Dunning 2011-06-28, 00:12
+
Segel, Mike 2011-06-28, 01:54
+
Ryan Rawson 2011-06-28, 02:33
+
Segel, Mike 2011-06-28, 03:49
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-28, 09:59
+
Michel Segel 2011-06-28, 12:27
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-06-28, 17:25
+
Evert Lammerts 2011-06-30, 21:31
+
Evert Lammerts 2011-06-30, 21:37
+
Aaron Eng 2011-06-30, 23:18
+
Ted Dunning 2011-07-01, 00:16
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-07-01, 00:24
+
Ted Dunning 2011-07-01, 01:12
+
M. C. Srivas 2011-07-01, 04:08
+
Ian Holsman 2011-07-01, 04:47
+
M. C. Srivas 2011-07-01, 05:06
Re: Hadoop Java Versions
Ian,

Good point.  Srivas was responding to Todd's question, but there might be
better fora as you suggest.

We have a good one for specific questions about MapR at
http://answers.mapr.com

That doesn't, however, really provide a useful forum for questions like
Todd's which really spans both domains.  Where would you suggest for
questions that span the two subjects?

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:47 PM, Ian Holsman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> If MapR does something fancier, I'm sure we'd be interested to hear
> about
> >> it
> >> so we can compare the approaches.
> >>
> >> -Todd
> >>

> > MapR tracks disk responsiveness. In other words, a moving histogram of
> > IO-completion times is maintained internally, and if a disk starts
> getting
> > really slow, it is pre-emptively taken offline so it does not create long
> > tails for running jobs (and the data on the disk is re-replicated using
> > whatever re-replication policy is in place).  One of the benefits of
> > managing the disks directly instead of through ext3 / xfs / or other ...
> >
> > All these stats can be fed into Ganglia (or pushed out centrally via a
> text
> > file that can be pulled out using NFS)  if historical info about disk
> > behavior (and failures) needs to be preserved.
> >
> > - Srivas.
>
> While I am intrigued about how MapR performs internally, I don't think this
> is the forum for it.
> please keep MapR (and other vendor specific discussions) on their
> respective support forums.

+
Scott Carey 2011-07-01, 17:22
+