Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [PROPOSAL] Hadoop branch-1.2

+
Matt Foley 2013-02-04, 20:39
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-05, 03:02
Re: [PROPOSAL] Hadoop branch-1.2
Hi, I got stuck in other work and did not make the Hadoop 1.2 branch in
February.
Now that release 1.1.2 is out, I'm ready to make the 1.2 branch.

I intend to branch for 1.2 in the next night or two, and at that point will
make the formal proposal
to schedule an rc a week after that.  If any issues, please let me know.

Regards,
--Matt
On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I've been working on some stricter contract tests for filesystems, and have
> some changes for S3 and S3N that we've been working through. While this is
> mostly minor, rename(dir,dir/subdir) can lose all data in the source
> directory

> I think that should be one to pick up -it and the extended test are still
> be reviewed
>
> On 4 February 2013 12:39, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > this weekend I propose to create a branch-1.2 from current branch-1, and
> > create a first release candidate.  There's a ton of new stuff since 1.1,
> > and it will probably need stabilization, but that is best done in the
> > context of a release candidate.
> >
> > Any objections?  Any must-have items for 1.2 that can't be in by then?
> >  (There's always 1.3... :-)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --Matt

+