Flume, mail # dev - Re: Jenkins build is unstable: flume-trunk #389

+
Juhani Connolly 2013-04-12, 07:34
Re: Jenkins build is unstable: flume-trunk #389
Hari Shreedharan 2013-04-12, 07:39
Hi Juhani,

The patch attached to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1986 should fix this issue. These tests were added with the dual checkpoints patch, but it seems to fail in some cases (Jenkins almost always, though not very frequently on my own box). The bug is actually in the test itself, so this is slightly lower priority.

If you are able to consistently reproduce this somewhere, would you mind trying the patch and then committing it, if you find it ok?

Thanks,
Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 12:34 AM, Juhani Connolly wrote:

> This appears not to be getting much attention, but it seems like the
> Dual checkpoint fix broke the unit tests.
>
> I'd post an issue, but I can't get the time to dig in to work out what
> is going on. Are the tests now out of date or are they showing an issue
> that came up with the new changes?
>
> The failed tests are
>
> https://builds.apache.org/job/flume-trunk/389/org.apache.flume.flume-ng-channels$flume-file-channel/testReport/org.apache.flume.channel.file/TestFileChannelRestart/testCorruptInflightPutsWithBackup/https://builds.apache.org/job/flume-trunk/389/org.apache.flume.flume-ng-channels$flume-file-channel/testReport/org.apache.flume.channel.file/TestFileChannelRestart/testCorruptInflightTakesWithBackup/
>
> On 04/09/2013 12:51 PM, Apache Jenkins Server wrote:
> > See<https://builds.apache.org/job/flume-trunk/389/changes>

+
Juhani Connolly 2013-04-12, 07:59
+