HBase >> mail # user >> flushing + compactions after config change

+
Viral Bajaria 2013-06-27, 07:40
+
Anoop John 2013-06-27, 07:51
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-06-27, 08:18
+
谢良 2013-06-27, 08:21
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-06-27, 08:29
+
Anoop John 2013-06-27, 09:03
+
Azuryy Yu 2013-06-27, 09:22
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-06-27, 09:47
+
Azuryy Yu 2013-06-27, 09:48
Re: 答复: flushing + compactions after config change
I do have a heavy write operation going on. Actually heavy is relative. Not
all tables/regions are seeing the same amount of writes at the same time.
There is definitely a burst of writes that can happen on some regions. In
addition to that there are some processing jobs which play catch up and
could be processing data in the past and they could have more heavy write
operations.

I think my main problem is, my writes are well distributed across regions.
A batch of puts most probably end up hitting every region since they get
distributed fairly well. In that scenario, I am guessing I get a lot of
WALs though I am just speculating.

Regarding the JVM options (minus some settings for remote profiling):
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -verbose:gc
-XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation
-XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=1 -XX:GCLogFileSize=512M

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 2:48 AM, Azuryy Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can you paste your JVM options here? and Do you have an extensive write on
> your hbase cluster?

+
谢良 2013-06-27, 10:36
+