HBase >> mail # user >> Maximum number of tables ?

Re: Maximum number of tables ?
I have come across clusters with 100s of tables but that typically is
due to a sub optimal table design.

The question here is - why do you need to distribute your data over
lots of tables? What's your access pattern and what kind of data are
you putting in? Or is this just a theoretical question?