Drill >> mail # user >> Distributed mode troubles: ZK/Curator connection time out

+
Michael Hausenblas 2013-10-27, 21:00
+
Steven Phillips 2013-10-27, 21:32
+
Michael Hausenblas 2013-10-27, 21:57
Re: Distributed mode troubles: ZK/Curator connection time out
You need to replace localhost with the hostname of the node running
zookeeper. If that zookeeper is configured to use a port different than
2181, then that needs to be set as well. If you have multiple zookeepers in
the quorum, you then zk.connect should be a comma separated list of the
host:port of each node.

The default, localhost setting will only work when a drillbit is running on
the same node as the zookeeper.
On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Michael Hausenblas <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > One thing to add to the diagram is that all of the drill java processes
> will look at what is in drill-override.conf.
>
> Thanks, done.
>

> > You must set zk.connect to the correct zk host:port.
>

> Can you be a tad more explicit, please? In drill-override.conf I have
>
> [[
> …
> zk: {
>         connect: "localhost:2181”,
> …
> ]]
>

> What am I overlooking?
>
> Also, any directions re the rest of my questions (re bin/submit_plan etc.)?
>

> With a little help from here,  I’m happy to put together the description
> how to set this up in the Wiki, also to address a query we’ve now lying
> around for more than three weeks, by Steve McPherson – see
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-drill-user/201310.mbox/%3CCE71A20F.14F5B%25stevemp%40amazon.com%3E– the fact that it attracted 0 responses I find slightly embarrassing, and
> if I were Steve, I’d prolly not touch Drill anymore, but let’s hope for the
> best …
>

> Cheers,
>                 Michael
>
> --
> Michael Hausenblas
> Ireland, Europe
> http://mhausenblas.info/
>
> On 27 Oct 2013, at 21:32, Steven Phillips <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > One thing to add to the diagram is that all of the drill java processes
> > will look at what is in drill-override.conf. You must set zk.connect to
> the
> > correct zk host:port.
> >

> > On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Michael Hausenblas <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >> Folks,
> >>
> >> I’m trying to set up Drill in distributed mode. Here’s what I have so
> far:
> >> when I launch the first Drillbit with bin/drillbit.sh I get the
> following
> >> in log/drillbit.out:
> >>
> >> [[
> >> 20:47:20.963 [main] ERROR com.netflix.curator.ConnectionState -
> Connection
> >> timed out for connection string (localhost:2181) and timeout (5000) /
> >> elapsed (5045)
> >> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
> >> KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss
> >>        at
> >>
> com.netflix.curator.ConnectionState.getZooKeeper(ConnectionState.java:94)
> >> ~[curator-client-1.1.9.jar:na]
> >>        at
> >>
> com.netflix.curator.CuratorZookeeperClient.getZooKeeper(CuratorZookeeperClient.java:106)
> >> [curator-client-1.1.9.jar:na]
> >>        at
> >>
> com.netflix.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.getZooKeeper(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:393)
> >> [curator-framework-1.1.9.jar:na]
> >>        at

> [...]
+
Michael Hausenblas 2013-10-27, 22:39