Hadoop >> mail # user >> Pig and Hive on the same data?

Re: Pig and Hive on the same data?
Hi Chris,

Pig doesn't mandate a Ctrl-A or any other character to be used as field
delimiter. You can tell Pig which delimiter to use. For example, you can
specify Ctrl-A as field delimiter  as following:

A = load 'mydata' using PigStorage('\u0001');

If you don't specify any delimiter, e.g. A = load 'mydata';  tab is assumed
to be a delimiter.

Also, if you have more questions on Pig, please post on pig-user list to get
faster response.

Thanks,
Ashutosh