HBase, mail # user - [HBase 0.92.1] Too many stores files to compact, compaction moving slowly

+
Shrijeet Paliwal 2012-05-13, 23:12
+
Stack 2012-05-14, 19:29
Re: [HBase 0.92.1] Too many stores files to compact, compaction moving slowly
Shrijeet Paliwal 2012-05-14, 21:11
Statck,
Ahh of course! Thank you. One question what partition file I give to
the top partitioner?
I am trying to parse your last comment.
"You could figure how many you need by looking at the output of your MR job"

Chicken and egg? Or am I not following you correctly.

-Shrijeet

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Shrijeet Paliwal
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> Can you write a MR job that rewrites the data once Shijeet?  It would
> take hfiles for input and it would write out hfiles only it'd write
> hfiles no bigger than a region max in size.  You'd use bulk importer
> to import (you'd also use total order partitioner so the output was
> totally sorted).  You'd have pre-split the table into enough regions
> before running the bulk import (You could figure how many you need by
> looking at the output of your MR job).
>
> St.Ack
+
Stack 2012-05-14, 21:46
+
Shrijeet Paliwal 2012-05-14, 22:03
+
Stack 2012-05-14, 22:26
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-05-14, 04:29
+
Shrijeet Paliwal 2012-05-14, 05:20
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-05-14, 05:48