HDFS >> mail # user >> Setting up Snappy compression in Hadoop

Setting up Snappy compression in Hadoop
Hi all,

I'm running on Hadoop 1.0.4 and I'd like to use Snappy for map output
compression.
I'm adding the configurations:

configuration.setBoolean("mapred.compress.map.output", true);
configuration.set("mapred.map.output.compression.codec",
"org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec");

And I've added libsnappy.so.1 to $HADOOP_HOME/lib/native/Linux-amd64-64/

Still, all map tasks fail with "native snappy library not available".

Could anyone elaborate on how to install Snappy for Hadoop ?

Thanks,

Amit.