HBase >> mail # dev >> Smarter Region assignment policy?

Re: Smarter Region assignment policy?
In trunk, we have the following code in HMaster#enableTable():

    this.executorService.submit(new EnableTableHandler(this, tableName,

      catalogTracker, assignmentManager, tableLockManager, false
).prepare());
The boolean value of false means the assignment wouldn't retain region
locations (compared to the locations prior to disabling).
In 0.94, I see similar code.

Looks like we can add new API where user can specify whether
retainAssignment should be used.

Cheers