HDFS >> mail # user >> namenode directory disappear after machines restart

Re: namenode directory disappear after machines restart
This is an usual behavior on Unix/Linux systems. When you restart the
system, the content of the /tmp directory is cleaned, because precisely,
the purpose of this directory is to keep files temporally.
For that reason, the data directory for the HDFS filesystem should be
another directory, /var/hadoop/data for example, of course, a directory
durable in time.
So, you should change your dfs.name.dir and your dfs.data.dir variable
in your hdfs-site.xml.

Regards

On 05/21/2012 11:21 PM, Brendan cheng wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm not sure if there is a setting to avoid the Namenode removed after hosting machine of Namenode restart.I found that after successfully installed single node pseudo distributed hadoop following from your website, the name node dir /tmp/hadoop-brendan/dfs/name are removed if machine reboot.
> What do I miss?
> Brendan
> 2012-05-22 11:14:05,678 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage: Storage directory /tmp/hadoop-brendan/dfs/name does not exist.2012-05-22 11:14:05,680 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: FSNamesystem initialization failed.org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.InconsistentFSStateException: Directory /tmp/hadoop-brendan/dfs/name is in an inconsistent state: storage directory does not exist or is not accessible. at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.recoverTransitionRead(FSImage.java:303) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSDirectory.loadFSImage(FSDirectory.java:100) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.initialize(FSNamesystem.java:388) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.<init>(FSNamesystem.java:362) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize(NameNode.java:276) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:496) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode(NameNode.java:1279) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:1288)2012-05-22 11:14:05,685 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.InconsistentFSStateException: Directory /tmp/hadoop-brendan/dfs/name is in an inconsistent state: storage directory does not exist or is not accessible. at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.recoverTransitionRead(FSImage.java:303) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSDirectory.loadFSImage(FSDirectory.java:100) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.initialize(FSNamesystem.java:388) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.<init>(FSNamesystem.java:362) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize(NameNode.java:276) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:496) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode(NameNode.java:1279) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:1288)
>
> http://www.uci.cu

Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda
  Data Engineer&&  Sr. System Administrator at UCI
  http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com
  http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcosluis2186
  Twitter: @marcosluis2186

http://www.uci.cu