HBase, mail # user - Acceptable CPU_WIO % ?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-08, 01:19
+
Kevin Odell 2013-02-08, 01:43
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-08, 02:00
+
Kevin Odell 2013-02-08, 02:21
Re: Acceptable CPU_WIO % ?
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-08, 02:50
Ok. I see with RAID0 might be better for me compare to JBOD. Also, why
do we want to use RAID1 or RAID5? We already have the redundancy done
by hadoop, is it not going to add another non-required level of
redundancy?

Should I already think to have 3 or even 4 drives in each node?

I tried sar -A and it's only giving me 2 lines.
root@node7:/home/hbase# sar -A
Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 (node7) 2013-02-07 _x86_64_ (4 CPU)

21:29:54          LINUX RESTART

It was not enabled, so I just enabled it and restart sysstat, but
seems that it's still not populated.

I have the diskstats plugin installed on ganglia, so I have a LOT of
disks information, but not this specific one.

My write_bytes_per_sec is pretty low. Average is 232K for the last 2
hours. But my erad_bytes_per_sec is avera 22.83M for the same period.
The graph is looking like a comb.

I just retried sar and some data is coming.. I will need to let it run
for few more minutes to get some more data ...

JM

Kevin Odell 2013-02-08, 02:57
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-08, 03:15