Hive >> mail # dev >> non map-reduce for simple queries

Re: non map-reduce for simple queries
It supports table sampling also.

select * from src TABLESAMPLE (BUCKET 1 OUT OF 40 ON key);
select * from src TABLESAMPLE (0.25 PERCENT);

But there is no sampling option specifying number of bytes. This can be
done in another issue.