MapReduce >> mail # user >> Idle nodes with terasort and MRv2/YARN (0.23.1)

+
Trevor Robinson 2012-05-29, 21:33
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-05-29, 23:21
+
Trevor Robinson 2012-05-30, 20:38
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-06-05, 12:35
+
Trevor 2012-06-29, 22:48
+
Robert Evans 2012-05-31, 14:22
RE: Idle nodes with terasort and MRv2/YARN (0.23.1)
I ran into the same issue.  In the end I gave up and went back to 0.20 where I can specify the number of mappers and reducers per node (6 and 4 in your case).  You can try increasing the memory.mb parameters which should force fewer map/reduce tasks per node, but then you won't be able to run your desired number of both kinds of tasks at the same time.  If you find a solution please let the list know!

Jeff