Flume >> mail # user >> Could not instantiate class org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender

Re: Could not instantiate class org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender
You could try calling 'REGISTER <log4jappender jar>' at the start of your
script, or on the command line by adding
-Dpig.additional.libraries=<log4jappender jar> to your Pig call. I don't
know if that will work or not though.

You could try placing it in pig's lib folder.

You also need to include the flume-ng-sdk jar the same way as the
log4jappender one, as the sdk is a dependency of the appender.