MapReduce >> mail # user >> “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory

+
Andrey V. Romanchev 2013-02-06, 15:07
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-02-06, 15:14
+
Andrey V. Romanchev 2013-02-06, 15:19
+
Samir Ahmic 2013-02-06, 15:19
+
Andrey V. Romanchev 2013-02-06, 15:25
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-02-06, 15:27
+
Andrey V. Romanchev 2013-02-06, 15:32
+
Samir Ahmic 2013-02-06, 15:43
+
Andrey V. Romanchev 2013-02-06, 16:11
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-02-06, 18:07
Re: “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory
you can try to use the new parameter "dfs.namenode.name.dir" to
specify the directory.

2013/2/6, Andrey V. Romanchev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to install Hadoop 1.1.2.21 on CentOS 6.3.
>
> I've configured dfs.name.dir in /etc/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml file
>
> <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
> <value>/mnt/ext/hadoop/hdfs/namenode</value>
>
> But when I run "hadoop namenode -format" command, it formats
> /tmp/hadoop-hadoop/dfs/name directory instead. It seems like default
> directory.
>
> What am I missing?

+
Andrey V. Romanchev 2013-02-06, 15:24