Pig >> mail # user >> IllegalArgumentException: Not a host:port pair - Pig 0.10.0 with HBase

+
Alberto Cordioli 2012-09-12, 09:35
Re: IllegalArgumentException: Not a host:port pair - Pig 0.10.0 with HBase
Hi Alberto,

Are you running in local mode using "pig.jar", or in mapreduce mode using
"pig-withouthadoop.jar"?

The error that you're seeing can happen when there is a version mismatch in
the HBase client and server. The pig.jar by default contains hbase-0.90, so
if you use pig.jar against hbase-0.94, it won't work. There was a jira
about running pig.jar against hbase-0.94:

Cheolsoo
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 2:35 AM, Alberto Cordioli <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently working with Pig 0.10.0. I'd like to load some data from
> an HBase table, but I encountered some problems. When I try to load
> the data it seems to work:
>
> grunt> raw = LOAD 'hbase://table_test' USING
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage('d:data1', '-loadKey
> true -limit 5') as (hash:bytearray, data1:chararray);
> 2012-09-12 11:27:48,213 [main] INFO
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage - Adding
> family:descriptor filters with values d:data1
> 2012-09-12 11:27:48,216 [main] INFO
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage - Adding
> family:descriptor filters with values d:data1
> 2012-09-12 11:27:48,264 [main] INFO
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage - Adding
> family:descriptor filters with values d:data1
> 2012-09-12 11:27:48,267 [main] INFO
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage - Adding
> family:descriptor filters with values d:data1
> 2012-09-12 11:27:48,267 [main] INFO
> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage - Adding
> family:descriptor filters with values d:data1
>
> but when I dump the data I get this exception:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not a host:port pair:
>
> My configuration is:
> Apache Hadoop 1.0.3
> HBase 0.94.1
> Pig 0.10.0
>
> In the pig script file I set the two env variable in this way:
> HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/usr/local/hadoop/conf
> HBASE_CONF_DIR=/usr/local/hbase/conf
>

> Could you help me? I don't know how can I solve this issue.
>

> Thanks,
> Alberto
>

> --
> Alberto Cordioli