Pig >> mail # user >> IllegalArgumentException: Not a host:port pair - Pig 0.10.0 with HBase

Re: IllegalArgumentException: Not a host:port pair - Pig 0.10.0 with HBase
Hi Alberto,

Are you running in local mode using "pig.jar", or in mapreduce mode using
"pig-withouthadoop.jar"?

The error that you're seeing can happen when there is a version mismatch in
the HBase client and server. The pig.jar by default contains hbase-0.90, so
if you use pig.jar against hbase-0.94, it won't work. There was a jira
about running pig.jar against hbase-0.94:

Cheolsoo