Hive, mail # user - Unable to stop Thrift Server

Re: Unable to stop Thrift Server
Raj Hadoop 2013-05-20, 21:17
Hi Sanjay,

I am using 0.9 version.
I do not have a sudo access. is there any other command to stop the service.

thanks,
raj
________________________________
 From: Sanjay Subramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Raj Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: Unable to stop Thrift Server

Raj
Which version r u using ?

I think from 0.9+ onwards its best to use service to stop and start and NOT hive

sudo service hive-metastore stop
sudo service hive-server stop

sudo service hive-metastore start
sudo service hive-server start

Couple of general things that might help

1. Use linux screens : then u can start many screen sessions and u don't have to give the synch mode "&" of execution
     Its very easy to manage several screen sessions and they keep running till your server restarts….and generally u can ssh to some jumhost and create your screen sessions there

2. Run the following
     pstree -pulac | less
     U can possible search for hive or your username or root which was used to start the service…and kill the process

sanjay