HBase, mail # dev - Re: How to replace MetaUtils.ScannerListener?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-22, 02:07
Re: How to replace MetaUtils.ScannerListener?
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-03-22, 15:19
Let me offer a counter argument.  The offline splitting code is still
present even though online splitting isn't the problem it used to be. We
actually added an extenal wal replayer even though we have wal replay in
our normal recovery path.  Copy table still exists even though snapshots
and snapshot export exists.  Would we consider removing these?

IMO, until online merge has been proven and hardened (gone through few
releases and folk using) I don't feel comfortable removing it.

Jon.

// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera
// [EMAIL PROTECTED]