Hive >> mail # user >> hiveserver2 Thrift Interface With Perl

Re: hiveserver2 Thrift Interface With Perl
  HiveServer2 uses Thrift SASL transport by default. AFAIK, Thrift doesn't
support sasl transport for perl. In order to connect from a perl thrift
client, you need to turn off the SASL in HiveServer2. This can be done by
setting a property hive.server2.authentication to NOSASL in the
hive-site.xml. Note that with this change, all other clients like JDBC
applications and beeline, will also need to make non-sasl connection to
HiveServer2. The JDBC connection URL should
be jdbc:hive2://<host>:<port>/default;auth=noSasl

thanks
Prasad