HBase >> mail # user >> Overwrite a row

+
Kristoffer Sjögren 2013-04-19, 17:53
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-19, 18:32
+
Kristoffer Sjögren 2013-04-19, 19:44
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-19, 21:21
+
Mohamed Ibrahim 2013-04-19, 18:11
+
Mohamed Ibrahim 2013-04-19, 20:35
+
Mohamed Ibrahim 2013-04-19, 20:41
Re: Overwrite a row
I don't know details about Kristoffer's schema.
If all the column qualifiers are known a priori, mutateRow() should serve
his needs.

HBase allows arbitrary number of columns in a column family. If the schema
is dynamic, mutateRow() wouldn't suffice.
If the column qualifiers are known but the row is very wide (and a few
columns are updated per call), performance would degrade.

Just some factors to consider.

Cheers

+
Kristoffer Sjögren 2013-04-20, 07:17