HBase >> mail # user >> How is DataXceiver been used?

+
Liu, Raymond 2013-01-17, 06:44
Re: How is DataXceiver been used?
Hello Raymond,

            You might find this
link<http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2012/03/hbase-hadoop-xceivers/>helpful.
It explains the problem
and solution in great detail.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Liu, Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi
>
>         I have a table with about 24 region on the one regionserver, and
> each region have about 20 block files on hdfs.
>         The xceiverCount is set to 1024, I have thought that this is quite
> enough since at most 480 blocks will be opened.
>         While when I do a MR job to scan the table, with 24 map task each
> open and scan a different region at the same time, it turn out that the
> DataXceiver is run out...
>
>         I am a little bit puzzled, those blocks will only be read by one
> task, then shouldn't region server scan blocks one by one? And since there
> are 480 blocks at most, how can it use up dataXceiver?
>
> Best Regards,
> Raymond Liu

+
Liu, Raymond 2013-01-18, 01:15