MapReduce >> mail # user >> How to change name node storage directory?

How to change name node storage directory?
Hi,

It would be great if you could provide answer for the below doubts.

1,How to change name node storage directory?[i tried
*hadoop.tmp.dir,**hadoop.name.dir
but it leads to other issue but reverting back works fine*]

2,Can we provide the path of my home directory since my /user and /var
directories where less in space?

**

Cheers!
Manoj.