HBase >> mail # user >> I am curious how to find hbase replication lag

+
Alex Newman 2013-08-19, 19:42
+
gordoslocos 2013-08-19, 19:50
+
Ted Yu 2013-08-19, 20:04
Re: I am curious how to find hbase replication lag
Ted, thanks for connecting the two discussion. a topic that quite some
folks are looking for solutions.

Alex, as far as my study goes, there is no direct/easy way to get the lag
info that is easily consumable by regular users(i.e. not a hbase expert).
>From user perspecitive, the lag can be either time or quantity. Although
current hbase replication metrics contains a lot of good information, third
party tool/monitor has to be applied (JMX, ganglia, etc.)  On 0.94 level,
the metrics info is at regionsever level, on 95.0 such info also at peer
cluster level. I don't think there is plan for a table-level yet.

However, the use case is valid. For example: I am replicating table t1 from
cluster M1 to cluster S1; how many seconds/minutes the lag is? Well, I
haven't found a good solution yet. :-)

Demai
On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is related: http://search-hadoop.com/m/SrEIT1jtzPF
>
> Cheers
>

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 12:50 PM, gordoslocos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > I believe hbase keeps info in zk that gives you the count of pending
> > operations to be replicated. Check into the rz zookeeper node in the
> hbase
> > replication documentation.
> >
> > http://hbase.apache.org/replication.html
> >

> > On 19/08/2013, at 16:42, Alex Newman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > I have setup HBase replication. I want to know how out of date my
> > replicant
> > > cluster is. How does one monitor that?
> > >
> > > -Alex Newman

+