HDFS, mail # dev - Re: [VOTE] Merge HDFS-3077 (QuorumJournalManager) branch to trunk

+
sanjay Radia 2012-09-28, 19:06
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-09-28, 22:02
+
sanjay Radia 2012-10-01, 17:55
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-10-09, 00:46
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-10-09, 01:01
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-10-09, 01:20
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-10-09, 02:21
+
Eli Collins 2012-10-09, 04:11
+
sanjay Radia 2012-10-09, 20:44
+
sanjay Radia 2012-10-11, 02:17
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-10-11, 04:10
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-10-11, 08:12
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-10-09, 03:03
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-10-09, 03:32
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-10-09, 03:09
Re: [VOTE] Merge HDFS-3077 (QuorumJournalManager) branch to trunk
Eli Collins 2012-10-09, 01:48
Sanjay, Suresh,

I don't think we should block the merge on discussion about parts of
the design. It's great that you guys are coming up to speed on the
design and have feedback. We're confident the feedback can be
addressed in follow-on jiras (just as federation and HA have been
iterated on after merging).  Todd has maintained the 3077 branch for
months, continuously updated the design doc, addressed questions
promptly, given sufficient heads up, and even even delayed the merge
per your request.  If you have specific technical objections with the
merge patch you should raise them, otherwise we're going to merge it
and iterate on the feedback in the jira with follow on patches.

Thanks,

+
sanjay Radia 2012-09-28, 19:03
+