Flume >> mail # dev >> Counter questions

Counter questions
Hey Flume Team,

I'm still very new at this and I have a question about counters.

In the last couple of days I've worked in the Sinks classes and I see some
sinks using counterGroup and some using sinkCounter.

Then I starting looking at JIRA 1411 and I was wondering if all sinks
should be using sinkCounter.

Can someone help me understand why counterGroup or sinkCounter?  Thanks