Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Clarification regarding maxClientCnxns parameter

Clarification regarding maxClientCnxns parameter
Hi,

I am new to zookeeper. I am using twitter's open source CEP project called
storm. It uses zookeeper to store the state information. It is used
internally by storm and our project is not using zookeeper to store any
information. Few days back we had an issue in our setup. We debugged the
issue and found that we had not increased the value of maxClientCnxns in
the zoo.cfg file to meet our requirements. When we increased this value
everything worked fine. I have a query related to the explanation of this
parameter in
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.3/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_advancedConfiguration

The documentation says that, this is the max number of concurrent client
connections that can be made from a single IP address to a single member of
zookeeper ensemble. I would like to know whether clients connect to
different machines in the ensemble for each connection. I mean is there a
kind of load balancing taking place when a client tries to make connection
to zookeeper ensemble. Why is there a restriction on per-zookeeper-server
basis?

I would also like to know whether virtual IPs are treated as different IPs
by zookeeper. Will I be able to check this in some log file of zookeeper?

Thanks,
Richards Peter.