Hive >> mail # user >> Drop an HBase backed table

Drop an HBase backed table
Hello,

How can I drop a Hive table which was created using "CREATE EXTERNAL
TABLE..."? I tried "DROP TABLE <table_name>;" but the shell hangs. The
underlying HBase table should not be deleted. I am using Hive 0.9

Thank you,

/David