HDFS, mail # dev - test failures on trunk

+
Eli Collins 2011-12-15, 05:51
RE: test failures on trunk
Uma Maheswara Rao G 2011-12-15, 14:16
Yes Eli,  Agree with you.

 I think we must take a look immediately now.

I just debugged the failure related to this class cast exception.

Following is the initial analysis:

Previous behaviour of getListing in ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorR23 is
  It will pass needLocation flag as true and server side will be packed empty LocatedBlocks with HdfsLocatedFileStatus object if getBlocations are null and needLocation flag is true. So, cleint will reconstruct the HdfsLocatedFileStatus directly  if HdfsfileStatus is instanceOf HdfsLocatedFileStatus.

But with new implementation of protocolBuffers,  It is just ignoring the LocatedBlocks are server side if the getBlocklocations are null. At client side, to reconstruct the HDFSFileStatus object, it is depending on locations field. Since there is no locations field here, it is considering HDFSFileStatus as just HDFSFileStatus.

Here test assumes that HDFSFileStatus  obj will be type of HdfsLocatedFileStatus  and trying cast. This is failing here.

I think Suresh and Sanjay can give more hint on this.

Regards,
Uma